The EchoSoft™ image processing system, our breakthrough, ultrasound-based
product, will allow treating clinicians to provide low-cost, real-time initial
diagnoses of musculoskeletal injuries. Additionally, EchoSoft™ software can
accurately and objectively measure patient progress during rehabilitation.
These advancements can potentially:
- Enable prescription of injury-appropriate treatment
- Improve athlete performance
- Measure the efficacy of new therapies
Echometrix products enable real-time diagnosis to differentiate between tissue strains
and tears. The ability of treating clinicians to provide rapid diagnoses allows patients
to begin appropriate treatments sooner than by conventional diagnoses (e.g., MRI).
This is important given the frequency and volume of musculoskeletal injuries:
- More than 1 in 4 Americans has a musculoskeletal condition requiring medical attention.
- Approximately 28% of these conditions were the result of injuries.
- Out of more than 24 million total injuries annually, 18.4 million are sprain and strain injuries.
The use of MRI for the diagnosis of sprain and strain injuries are expensive, and will
create a $2.5 billion cost problem by 2020. The advanced technology found in the EchoSoft™
system allows for immediate and precise diagnosis using ultrasound, and will significantly
reduce medical imaging costs, while providing the benefits of immediate and precise diagnosis
musculoskeletal injuries and monitoring of treatment.